To be certified as a KonMari Consultant, you must attend a Consultant Certification Course, practice tidying with two clients, and then take a written exam.
1. Complete a Consultant Certification Course: Registering for and attending a Consultant Certification Course are the first big steps toward certification. You will only be recognized as a KonMari Consultant-in-Training once you have successfully completed a Consultant Certification Course.
Please note: Attending a Consultant Certification Course does not guarantee becoming a Consultant. There are prerequisites to attending a Consultant Certification Course. You will be asked to read Marie Kondo's books and submit photos of your tidied home after you register for a Consultant Certification Course.
2. Join the community: You will be invited to join the growing community of certified KonMari Consultants and KonMari Consultants-in-Training via the official Consultant Certification Course attendee Facebook groups, where you can exchange information and ideas with others who are also working toward certification.
Please note: You will only be granted access to the Facebook groups after you have successfully completed a Consultant Certification Course.
3. Submit tidying reports: Conduct at least 10 practice sessions (approximately 30 hours) in at least two clients’ homes and submit reports in the KonMari Method® order.
4. Take the exam: The online assessment exam covers concepts and potential scenarios you will face as a certified KonMari Consultant.
5. Apply for certification: Once all of the above steps have been successfully fulfilled and your application is approved, you will be required to sign the KonMari Consultant contract and pay your annual membership fee of $500 to activate your certification.
This Consultant Certification Course is a required step in becoming officially certified as a KonMari Consultant for in-home or virtual tidying using the KonMari Method®.
After you attend a Consultant Certification Course – virtual or in-person – you will continue on to the next steps of the certification process. You will be required to work with two clients and submit practice tidying reports for evaluation. Upon passing the evaluation, you will then be invited to take an online exam testing knowledge of the KonMari philosophy and tidying approach.
After you successfully pass the exam, there will be a brief onboarding interview with a KMI team member. Once you complete the interview, you will receive a contract, trademark guidelines and an invoice for a $500 (USD) annual activation fee to be certified as a KonMari Consultant.
If you have any questions regarding the certification journey, please email us at email@example.com.
2. Tidy your home: Certified KonMari Consultants must practice what they teach. Submit after photos of your tidied home for verification.
Depending on availability of seats in another course with open registration, during the same month you are registered, we will consider your transfer request.
To initiate the cancellation, refund or transfer process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned via our Certification newsletter list to be among the first to hear more about these courses!
Join our preferred mailing list to receive notifications on additional course information, including future course dates, times and locations.
Join the List
Consultants are assigned levels that correspond to how many tidying sessions they have completed with clients using the KonMari Method®, as well as the number of clients who have completed tidying their homes.
Regardless of level, each Consultant is officially certified and trained in the same program.
Consultant certification levels (minimum requirements):
- Certified Master: 1,500 tidying hours, 2 clients who completed their tidying festival
- Certified Platinum: 900 tidying hours, 2 clients who completed their tidying festival
- Certified Gold: 600 tidying hours, 2 clients who completed their tidying festival
- Certified Silver: 300 tidying hours, 1 client who completed their tidying festival
- Certified Bronze: 150 tidying hours, 1 client who completed their tidying festival
- Certified Green: 30 tidying hours, 1 client who completed their tidying festival