KonMari Media, Inc. is a lifestyle brand founded by tidying expert, bestselling author and Emmy-nominated television star Marie Kondo.
At KonMari, we believe that if you tidy your space, you can transform your life. Our goal is to help more people live a life that sparks joy, and we are committed to offering the simplest, most effective tools and services to help you get there.
The VP of Business Development will provide strategic leadership and generate revenue through sponsorships, collaborations, partnerships, experiential activations and alternative channels. This role will develop short and long-term revenue goals, plans and policies that support – and are in alignment with – the KonMari brand. This role reports to KonMari’s COO, based in the Bay Area or Los Angeles.
- Research, identify, strategize, build and scale new and existing relationships and corporate partnerships across all business verticals, including but not limited to entertainment, publishing, digital content, the Consultant program and e-commerce.
- Pioneer compelling programs that demonstrate a clear understanding of partner values and goals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to identify, create and package new offerings for partners throughout the year.
- Establish and implement short and long-term revenue goals and objectives. Project manage with the KonMari team to achieve them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Strategic Development or equivalent work experience is required; MBA or other graduate-level degree is a plus.
- 10+ years in brand partnerships, integrated marketing campaigns, digital technology and content with client-facing experience.
- Has broad understanding and network of business and partner development and knows how to drive revenue.
- Fluency in ROI and metrics required to secure partnerships.
- Strong ability to prioritize within a fast-paced, growth-minded organization while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Creative, passionate and positive self-starter – willing to brainstorm big ideas and independently see them through execution.
- A nuanced understanding of the KonMari Method™ and underlying philosophy is essential. Hint: Read Marie’s books!
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP of Business Development” in the subject line.