KonMari Media, Inc. is a lifestyle brand founded by tidying expert, bestselling author and Emmy-nominated television star Marie Kondo.
At KonMari, we believe that if you tidy your space, you can transform your life. Our goal is to help more people live a life that sparks joy, and we are committed to offering the simplest, most effective tools and services to help you get there.
In November 2019, KonMari expanded with the launch of an online shop. The shop, which features a multi-brand assortment of spark-joy items, was inspired by items that Marie uses in her everyday life and that spark joy for her. The simple and elegant products – across categories including kitchenware, bath and decor – reflect Marie’s passion for tidying and organizing as well as elevated rituals and routines.
The Head of Merchandising leads the KonMari e-commerce team. They will be responsible for the overall assortment strategy, buying implementation and achievement of merchandise sales targets for the shop at konmari.com. In addition, they are responsible for the strategy and execution of key product collaborations for the brand across multiple categories. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer in Los Angeles.
- Own e-commerce P&L; be accountable for the gross margin, the line plan, and fiscal budget; meet the short-term and long-term financial objectives of the brand and maximize profitability
- Work with brand team to establish integrated content and merchandise strategy by building concepts and related product assortments that are aligned with the KonMari brand and philosophy
- Establish and execute a collaboration strategy designed to elevate brand image and awareness, and bring exciting and exclusive products to the shop that differentiate KonMari from competition
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer and identify opportunities for new product by following consumer behavior patterns and influences
- Ideate and source KonMari branded products
- Manage Director of E-Commerce Operations and Buyer
- Manage key relationships including vendors, collaboration partners and logistics partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10-15 years buying and e-commerce experience
- Experience in home goods industry, with knowledge of vendors, products, retailers and trends
- Demonstrated track-record of defining and executing e-commerce merchandising strategy successfully
- Strong analytical background and experience using analytics tools, including GA
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Effective cross-functional collaboration
- A nuanced understanding of the KonMari Method™ and underlying philosophy is essential
Please send resume to email@example.com with “HEAD OF MERCHANDISING” in the subject line.